Thursday, July 9, 2009

Spike



A fairly good likeness, I think.

Anywho, I finally finally finally saw Terminator Salvation and I don't understand what everybody's been griping about. I thought it was fantastic. Right up there (almost) with T2, and definitely better than Terminator 3. What the hell is wrong with everybody? Sure Christian Bale still sounds like Batman - but he's in a WAR WITH THE MACHINES, PEOPLE! You GOTTA sound gruff if you're gonna fight Terminators! Didn't Linda Hamilton teach us anything in the second movie? Gruff, people! Gruff!

And I don't know who that Sam Worthington dude is who played Marcus, but he totally kicks ass in all sorts of ways in the flick.

Sure, ultimately, it had its goofy moments, but the cool, kickass factors way outnumbered the goofy bits of overacting (particularly by Michael Ironside of all people - who I like, but went even more over the top than usual - I kept waiting for him to make someone's head explode with his mind).

Anywho, I really don't know how the flick got such a bad critical rap. Sure there are more than a few logic loopholes (and what Terminator movie doesn't have those?) and a few things that I'm sure will be ironed out a bit if they make the next two (it feels like part one of a "future war" trilogy, doesn't it?), but it's still a helluva ride. I loved it. You people are all just jaded assholes, I think.

Or maybe I'm just a naive asshole.

Somebody here is an asshole.

Ah, hell, it's probably me, isn't it?

In other movie-ness, go out and rent the Michael Rapaport movie Special. It's not exactly a superhero movie, a comedy or a drama, but an amazingly well-acted and well-written piece about superheroes, losing your mind, and how The Man can literally not keep you down. Check it out. It's funny and sad and stirring and amazing. You'll dig it, I promise. Unless you're an asshole. And I'm almost 98% positive that you're actually not an asshole, dear reader. You just have your silly opinions about Terminator Salvation and I have mine. And you know what they say about opinions, right? They're just like assholes. Everybody poops out of them. Or something like that.

I'm outs.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at
terbybrown@yahoo.com

No comments: