Monday, July 6, 2009

She Used To Be So Blue



Here's a strange process for you. I painted the girl above in monochromatic blue acrylic tones on an 18x24 canvas. I didn't like the resulting painting much (I may paint over it so as not to waste the canvas). I then, however took a crappy low-resolution photo of the painting with my camera phone (losing quite a bit of the detail), imported the photo into Photoshop, made it black and white and threw a little diffused glow at it (losing even more detail). And you know what? I kinda like it now. Somehow filtering it through the crappy camera on my phone and turning it black and white made it look better here than it does in person.

Ah, the wonders of the computer age.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at
terbybrown@yahoo.com

No comments: