Monday, December 15, 2008

Super Secret Mystery Project

I have nothing to post at the moment, as I am working on a Super Secret Mystery Project right now.

In the meantime, I have seen the new version of THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL and it's actually pretty darn good. I really like the 1951 version and was scared they'd botch it, but they stuck pretty close to the original concept which - really - is just as relevant now as it was in '51. And, boy, Keanu Reeves sure is good at playing an alien. I think he's found the role he was born to play in Klaatu (chuckle chuckle).

I also finally saw the new X-FILES movie. It's pretty good. It's a good, smart, creepy little thing. There's nothing mind-blowing at work in it, but it's a good time for fans, and it gives you a few things you've been wanting since the series began. And a few things were missing, but nobody's perfect.

I've also finally acquired the 1958 HORROR OF DRACULA, which was the first of the Hammer Dracula pictures starring Christopher Lee as the count and Peter Cushing as Van Helsing. It's fairly pedestrian and a very, very loose adaptation of the novel, but there's something about it I still enjoy. Oh, well.

Anywho, I must get back to my Super Secret Mystery Project now. Enjoy last week's pictures, as I thought they were pretty good if I don't say so myself, and they're certainly worth a second look.

Take care, all.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at
terbybrown@yahoo.com or
awrymovie@hotmail.com

No comments: