Monday, December 1, 2008

Edward Cullen


Above is my interpretation of Edward Cullen from the TWILIGHT series. I've drawn it by request and I'm actually quite happy with it. If you'll notice, my Edward looks more American than the guy they chose for the movie. More American and classically handsome instead of exotic and clearly British. That's just how I pictured him while reading the books.

Anywho. I got a chance to watch the recent Japanese production of THE MACHINE GIRL and, I tell you, it's an absolute hoot from frame one to the end credits. I had so much fun watching it that I wound it back to find my favorite parts and watched them again. If you get a chance to see the flick, take it. It's absolutely ridiculous, yeah, but it's a lot of fun if you like silly girl power gore.

I also finally saw the film version of Scott Smith's THE RUINS. I read the book a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Much of the what I liked in the book is gone in the movie, as you can't exactly get inside character's heads in movies. But it was very faithful (up until the very end) to the source material. It was well cast and well produced, and as far as killer plant movies go, it's nowhere near as good as the INVASION OF THE BODYSNATCHERS (both the 1956 and the 1978 versions), but it's still a little better than the more recent THE HAPPENING which I kind of liked, actually, but wasn't that great.

I also saw THE TRANSPORTER 3 which is now in theaters. It's a good, loud, stupid time if there ever was one, and it was the only movie any of my family could agree to drag ourselves out to watch. That's right, we passed up AUSTRALIA (which is almost 3 hours long) for it. I suppose we would have gone to see QUANTUM OF SOLACE, but a member of our party cheated and saw it elsewhere. Oh well. Transporter 3 is much, much better than Transporter 2. And, in fact, I think I preferred it over the first one, too, but that doesn't make it a great movie. But it is a good time. And I'll always dig Jason Statham in pretty much anything, even though he basically is just the low-rent British version of Bruce Willis.

Oh well. More movies to watch, so little time.

I'll leave you with the following public service announcement:


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at
terbybrown@yahoo.com or
awrymovie@hotmail.com

No comments: