Sunday, October 4, 2009

Somebody's Got An Axe To Grind



Well, Paranormal Activity isn't quite as scary the second time around, but it still works on a number or levels and, in fact, it's faster-paced the second time you see it. So that's good.

What's bad is that the midnight audience I saw it with this time was less-than-respectful towards the movie-going "experience". That is: they were a bunch of fucking obnoxious assholes. Even the theater managers were a bunch of douche bags who not only moved my group from one theater to another (because they initially refused to let us sit together in the same reserved row for some ridiculous reason - causing a bit of a ruckus), but also lined up a special 2AM screening of people in the hallway during our screening of the film. The huge line of people waiting around in the hall was so overpoweringly loud that it pretty much ruined what is, essentially, a very quiet film, proving that no one really cares anymore about the exhibition of films in a theatrical setting (with the exception of The Arclight in Los Angeles, which actually allows you to reserve your actual seats in advance, and is the absolute best movie theater I've ever been to).

It's just really sad, and I've gotten to the point where I just hate going to the movies because of all the obnoxious, ignorant and disrespectful morons out there who assume a theater is the same as their living room and happily provide a running commentary, or use their fucking cell phones with the glaring blue lights nonstop or blah blah blah blah. Did I seriously just shell out 10 bucks to deal with this shit?

Ah, well. Enough of my ranting and raving. I suppose it's safe to say people have been disrespectful, obnoxious, and retarded towards the arts since the beginning of time, so I guess this is really nothing new. It just pisses me off is all. It takes a lot for someone who loves movies to hate having to watch one in a theater.

Bah.

Anywho. Today is a day I'm filling with little projects here at home, so I won't have to deal with any stupid people. Hooray for Sundays!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at
terbybrown@yahoo.com

No comments: