Monday, October 5, 2009

Really, Fool?



A friend texts me after reading yesterday's post: "The IMAX screen at the Siam Paragon in Bangkok also let's you choose your seat."

So, when in Bangkok, folks, don't hesitate to see a movie in a theater. The Siam Paragon, to be exact (it's where said friend saw The Dark Knight last summer, hassle-free).

In other news, I finally got a chance to see Roman Polanski's Repulsion starring a very young Catherine Deneuve. Is it just me, or is she the most beautiful woman in the world, circa 1965? I don't think it's just me.

You wanna see somebody go nutso, then watch this movie! It's a doozy! Say what you will about Polanski (I personally prefer not to confuse the art with the artist), this movie is incredible. I now own the Criterion edition of it on DVD, and am happy as a clam about it. I can only imagine this movie knocking people on their asses back in 1965. A really stunning study of a woman going bonkers. Highly recommended.

Oh, and I do have an opinion about this Polanski business, in case you're wondering. I think everyone should leave him the hell alone and just let him keep making movies. His "victim" has told the world that they have privately settled the entire matter amicably between themselves years ago and that she wants everyone to chill the hell out. That's good enough for me, people. And, regardless of all that, he's still an amazing filmmaker, so all this recent business certainly ain't gonna stop me from enjoying his films. And it shouldn't stop you from doing likewise. Separate the art from the artist if you need to, people, and check out Repulsion. It's freakin' amazing.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at
terbybrown@yahoo.com

No comments: