Monday, August 3, 2009

Disapproval




I've been looking into technical pens lately, because there's only so much one can draw with a plain old disposable Pilot rolling ball pen. It seems, however, that a Rapidograph and other fixed-width technical pens are very expensive and the ink can gum it up if you don't clean it well and the tips can break easily and so on and so forth.

Then a trip to the local Hobby Lobby suddenly provided a miracle: the Pigma Micron. It's disposable, which I like (that means extremely low-maintenance) and it's inexpensive which is a no-brainer. The ones I've bought have the smallest tips available (0.20mm line width!) which allow me to pack in much more detail in a smaller space than my trusty Pilot pens can. I've only fooled around with them so far and have mixed and matched with other pens and brushes for the two goofy crap sketchbook drawings above, but you can see how much more neat-o the results can be. Pigma Micron 005 - I love you.

. . .

In other news, I did a double feature of Miracle Mile and The Day After the other day. Wow, that's what I call a nuclear holocaust double-whammy. Highly recommended, and in that order, too, as Miracle Mile is, basically, the night before The Day After would take place. I'm not sure where The Day After Tomorrow comes in, but that's such a silly non-nuclear holocaust disaster movie that I would disregard it altogether if it weren't for the uber-ridiculous title. Anyways, If you're into the End Times via the Cold War, I couldn't recommend a better double feature than Miracle Mile with The Day After as the chaser. Good scary stuff.

Nuclear war? You're soaking in it.

Happy Monday, everybody.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at
terbybrown@yahoo.com

No comments: