Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tits McGee



I'm finished with the 2010 Phoenix Comic Convention. It was an excellent time.

Tim Bradstreet was there, and we talked a lot. He was the nicest, coolest guy in the world. Lots of good, practical advice, awesome attitude, and just a helluva nice guy. He's always been one of my all-time favorite illustrators. Right up there with Virgil Finlay and Frank Frazetta!

James Marsters (Spike on the Buffy and Angel series) was there, too, and he was a really cool guy. Nicer than he should really be, but there it is.

Also met Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood, both from Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, and they were much more talkative than I expected (and old and cranky, the both of them, but I can't say I blame them). Got 'em to sign a publicity still to add to my Kubrick stuff. Cool beans, all around.

I saw Lou Ferrigno again, but didn't talk to him again for the second year in a row, for fear he'll crush me with his Hulk-strength. Anybody want a peanut?

Stan Lee, of all people, is supposed to be there today (Sunday) doing a panel and signing autographs, but I'm just too tired of the wall-to-wall people and the hustle and bustle of the Con to go see him. Which is too bad, 'cause he's the coolest, but oh well. Mental health comes first.

Following the Con last night, I enjoyed a free pass from a friend to go see Lucio Fulci's 1979 craptastic masterpiece Zombie (or Zombi 2, or Zombie Flesh Eaters if you'd like) on the silver-freakin'-screen in a beautiful, seemingly-uncut 35 millimeter print. It had Dutch subtitles, but who cares? It was uncut and huge and awesome! I'd forgotten how truly awesome the zombie-versus-shark scene is, and the splinter-in-the-eyeball scene, and the... oh, it's all just so wonderful. That movie is made out of Awesome. Actually, aside from meeting Tim Bradstreet, Zombie was the highlight of the weekend!

Well, a good Memorial Day weekend all in all. And it's not even over yet! Who'd'a thunk it?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at terbybrown@yahoo.com

No comments: