Thursday, November 5, 2009

Completely Nonsensical Page Of Wonders



Above is the completed sketchbook page from my last post. No, it doesn't make any sense to me, either.

In other news, I saw Where the Wild Things Are and I thought it was really great. Not so much while I was watching it, but upon reflection, really. It's one of those that has to stew a little and digest before you really decide how much you like it. And I like it a lot. It's ultimately a sad movie about growing up, being responsible, and how quickly innocent fun can turn into terrifying ordeal. Yay for Wild Things.

Thanks to the wonder that is Netflix Instantly Watchable, I also watched Cashback, which I thought was really kind of brilliant. It really, really hit me the right way. Highly recommended.

Also re-watched The Beastmaster and Dreamscape. Both movies from my childhood and both I still like, though they don't hold up nearly as well as I wanted them too.

I did re-watch Albert Brooks' Defending Your Life with Meryl Streep and it decidedly does hold up incredibly well. If you haven't seen that one, then I pity you, fool.

I also completed watching the first season of HBO's spectacular Rome. Boy howdy, that's a fantastic gladiator scene in the second-to-the-last episode. Wow. What an incredible show. On to the second and final season now.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at terbybrown@yahoo.com

No comments: