Saturday, May 9, 2009

Margins: Weekend Blow-Out! Pantsgnomes! And More!
















Just work doodles and other random miscellanea above. Nothin' to get too worked up over. Again, my apologies for the lack of updates and the lack of "good" artwork, but my Super Secret Project has been taking up the very small amount of spare time I've had lately.

In other news, I just watched Neil "The Descent" Marshall's directorial debut DOG SOLDIERS again with the significant other. Man, that's a good flick. He references so many other movies (mainly Cameron's 1986 ALIENS), but manages to keep the flick his own (a talent he used again for THE DESCENT, but couldn't quite manage for DOOMSDAY, which, while loads of fun, just felt like a mishmash of seven or eight other movies). Regardless, DOG SOLDIERS is rad.

I'm still in the midst of getting through the BUFFY and ANGEL series. I don't know if that's a call for pity or envy, but it's quite an undertaking. Right now I'm on Buffy Season 6, which means I'm concurrently watching Angel Season 3.

I also re-watched George Romero's 1985 masterpiece DAY OF THE DEAD. I daresay it's the best of his zombie series upon re-watching. But then there's NIGHT and especially DAWN. It's so hard to choose! DAY is so depressing, but SO FREAKIN' GOOD and filled with AWESOMELY BADASSERY SPECTACULARNESS! Ah, Romero.

I've also suddenly discovered David Bowie, thanks to a friend at work who recommended some albums. Where the hell was I when Bowie was churning out awesomeness? Oh yeah - I wasn't born yet. I love early 70s British rock, and for some reason it took me a while to get around to Bowie. Every time I thought of him, I just though of the Jim Henson movie LABYRINTH and the "Stranger From a Strange Land" ripoff THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH (which isn't bad, despite Walter Tevis's source novel completely ripping off Robert Heinlein's), so I guess I just wrote off Bowie as some musician-turned-glam actor. Boy, was I wrong. After listening to SPACE ODDITY and THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST on repeat, I'm ready for more. I'm gonna try to catch HUNKY DORY and ALADDIN SANE next. Why was I only sticking to Zeppelin, the Stones, The Who and Pink Floyd when Bowie was out there too? The world will never know.

Okay. My tirade of long-windedness is over. Everyone enjoy the weird little doodles above, and have a great weekend!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at
terbybrown@yahoo.com

No comments: