Monday, February 23, 2009

Eleanor



Just got done watching the Oscars, and I gotta say that Hugh Jackman did a really great job hosting. Who'd a thunk it? He's a song and dance man and a really sweet guy to everybody instead of being like most of the past hosts just making jabs at all of the celebrities.

Still stunned Mickey Rourke didn't win, but glad that Sean Penn gave him a shout out during his acceptance speech.

Still haven't seen SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, so I was constantly annoyed by how many awards it won. Really, I just wish THE DARK KNIGHT had been nominated for everything, because I would've had something to root for. As it stands, I was glad to see Heath Ledger's posthumous win for Best Supporting Actor.

My favorite bit, however, was Tina Fey and Steve Martin. In the midst of presenting some kind of screenwriting award or something, Martin stopped mid-speech and noticed Tina Fey's eyes gloss over at him and a strange smile on her face. "What are you doing?" He said, and she couldn't take her dreamy eyes off of him. He raised his hand and said sternly, "Don't fall in love with me." Hilarious.

Anywho. The Oscars are over. I'm sure I'll love Slumdog and be glad it won once I see it, but right now I would have preferred something like Benjamin Button or a Brad Pitt and David Fincher win. But I'm never pleased with the Oscars, so whatever.

At least Kate Winslet finally won an Oscar, right?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at
terbybrown@yahoo.com

No comments: