Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Batman



Click on Batty. He gets bigger.

I've never been one for fan-art, but the Phoenix Comicon is coming up and guess who booked a table. Me. That's who. So I'm "getting back to my roots" as my best friend told me the other day, and drawing superheroes again. This Batman here is the first stab as far as work produced specifically for the convention goes (the Con May 26th-29th this year, in case you wondering), and I plan on doing tons and tons of superheroes and other geeky nerdy stuff, all the while making it look as balls-out cool as possible because I'm going to be there to sell. I'm going to sell every original piece that I can make (that is, if people want them), and I'll also be selling prints, as well as some Kamikaze Snowmen prints and merchandise as well.

So expect more superhero artwork here on the ol' blogeroo for a while to come.

If you want more info on the Phoenix Comicon, then you can visit them at their website www.phoenixcomicon.com. For heaven's sakes Stan Lee, Todd McFarlane, Leonard Nimoy, George Takei, Full Metal Jacket's Adam Baldwin (also in Firefly, Serenity, and Chuck), Billy Dee Williams, Tron's Bruce Boxleitner, freakin' Elvira, Ghostbuster Ernie Hudson, True Blood's Kristin Bauer ("Pam"), Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Nicholas Brendon ("Xander"), and tons of other actors, artists and writers, far too numerous to mention here. It's going to be an awesome convention this year.

And I'll be there, tucked away in little corner all four days selling every piece of artwork I've ever created. Okay, well maybe not every piece, but most of it. The good stuff, anyway. Maybe the crap stuff, too, if anybody's that eager for crap. Or. Rather, what I consider crap. Some people consider what I consider crap to be poop, feces, scat, or good artwork.

14,000 people showed up last year, and they're saying it's going to be even more this year, so wish me luck on selling some artwork and maybe making a few connections, too!

So let the comic nerdery drawings begin!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at terbybrown@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on joining Phoenix Comicon! You are the man! Love your superhero drawings! Are you gonna do any Kick Ass movie characters? Release the Kracken!

TMB said...

Thanks bunches, man! There are more superheroes to come, many more! And I'm kinda dying to draw KICK ASS's Hit Girl, but I gotta figure out a way to draw her without it getting pervy. But she'll definitely be blood-drenched, that little tyke.