Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Bloody Valentine 3D




Well, today was a good day! I actually won a sketch contest of all things. There were professional comic artists there doing the judging (who were really cool cats, too - a lot of fun to hang out with), so I was pleasantly surprised that I won the thing - the prize is full admission to next weekend's (Thursday through Sunday, actually) comic convention here in Phoenix, which is super awesome as it's pretty pricey to get in. So that's super awesome.

Then me and the Significant Other took in some good old-fashioned 3-dimensional effects with the ridiculous remake of MY BLOODY VALENTINE. I tell you - the first 30 minutes of the movie are so much fun! There's plenty of killings, gore, and full-frontal nudity (even a "little person" gets offed dramatically!!!)! And then, because the filmmakers couldn't keep up the pace of the constant onslaught of fun, the movie pretty much stops dead in its tracks in a pathetic attempt at story. Even the "kills" kinda taper off and there's no more nudity to be had. Frowny face.

But that first 30 minutes is a lot of fun! My kind of crap.

AND IT'S IN FREAKIN' 3D! So that's awesome! There's even an awesome I'm-so-gonna-see-it 3D trailer for Neil Gaiman's CORALINE stop-motion movie! 3D freakin' ROCKS! YAY!

Anywho. That's about it. The only other movie I've had any time for lately was Bill Maher's RELIGULOUS which I won't get into here for fear of all the religious people in the world will hate me because I've sinned or something stupid and, in Jesus's footsteps, they'll try to kill me for not believing what they believe (for the record, I pretty much believe exactly what Bill Maher believes).

Other than, there's just been lots of Buffy. I'm working my way through Season 2 now and I'm lovin' it! I'm told it only gets better, which is cool!

Well, I hope everybody out there is having a wonderful weekend so far! Later!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you would like to purchase originals, prints, or commission artwork, you can contact me at
terbybrown@yahoo.com or
awrymovie@hotmail.com

No comments: